Claim settled in favor of the Seller and with no supporting informat

jmgard62
New Community Member

December 30, 2017 I purchased Columbia Boots from what seemed like a real website:  columbiasportswearusa 

I received the boots and didn't like the fit.  Additionally, i have the shipping label in the box that was for a different person/address.  I found this odd as I've never seen a company do this before.

I used by electronic receipt to contact the seller... the contact address wasn't valid.  Looks like a 'bad' website: 

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at **cannot insert email**

When I sent an email - NO response is ever received.

I then reached out to PayPal and filed a claim.  They originally reimbursed me the $111.99 and then 3 weeks later took the money back with a comment:

"We have received a response from your merchant and have also reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we will have to deny your claim. This decision was made because the dispute was submitted with insufficient information/documentation to support the claim and we were unable to obtain the required information/documentation after requesting it from you."

1) what is the missing supporting documentation?  I shared the website, electronic email/receipt, seller's email address that is in the receipt, my PayPal receipts

2) PayPal received a response from the seller?  Please share how and what was communicated!  I don't understand how Paypal received a response from the seller where the contact info does not seem valid.  Nor did paypal share this information with me.

3) I followed protocol and sent a registered letter to PayPal requesting documentation 2/14/18 and its a month later an NO RESPONSE from PayPal.

4) Now my PayPal account has a debit on it and I refuse to pay this as I feel this is so unfair.  I have boots that I purchased and don't fit - would like to return them and the seller which does not seem legit and is unresponsive and PayPal went from being supportive and reimbursing me to then taking the money back.

I find this so unfair and sketchy.  I've used PayPal for years and this is my first claim to file and feel it was treated incorrectly.

Anyone reading this have any suggestions in how to get my money back would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmgard62

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card (which in my personal opinion you always should) then ask them to do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.