Claim: Buyer must return item. It's been 11 business days, no tracking, PP won't close? Policy?

capybara
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer bought something with PP credit, over $750. 

Buyer opened a "Dispute" so we replied to the buyer and told them that they had 10 days to return it as PP told us.

Over 11 business days have passed.  Buyer has not provided and tracking.  PP now refuses to close the case, why?

Becuase the buyer used PayPal credit which I am not allowed to refuse.

So what's the deal the 10 days to return it was just a lie? Why doesn't paypal state any of this? This sounds fraudulent.

What is the policy on this? This looks like a clear violation of PayPal's policy if it supposedly the buyer must at least show proof they started to send it in 10 business days and they clearly didn't.

If you want the dispute # is start with PP-D-###### . , I did not post it in here because I didn't want to violate any rules, if you need it or screen shots I can get it (if allowed by pm or email or something)

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did PayPal state that they couldn't close the case because of PayPal Credit?

Did PayPal actually state a reason?

Did you phone PayPal to talk to an agent?

Did the buyer actually raise the displute to a claim?

Login to Me Too

capybara
Contributor
Contributor
  • Did PayPal state that they couldn't close the case because of PayPal Credit?
    • Yes, and my reply was: "that is messed up", I can't choose if the buyer uses PP credit and PP is supposed to side in my favor if it takes over 10 business days to return it and it's been 11 days, now you're telling me it takes and unknown amount it days?
  • Did PayPal actually state a reason?

• Yes, since it was "a different funding source" (pp credit, I was lucky enough to find out from the buyer) I'm basically **bleep**, PP's own credit operates more like a chargeback for whatever reason, most people at paypal know nothing about it.  So instead of waiting 10 days like I was fraudulently told by paypal I could be waiting 90? Who knows, Paypal just gave me corporate nonsense vague non-answers with no deadlines or ETAs.
  • Did you phone PayPal to talk to an agent?

• Yes, just vague non answers, they would give me the policy or anything that states if PP credit is used then a dispute is magically this chargeback-like thing and that they can lie and state 10 days etc and not honor their own word. The agent will "get back to me Monday" with no guarantee that anything will be resolved.
  • Did the buyer actually raise the displute to a claim.
    • Actually, I asked this, the agent made it sound like this is the only recourse the buyer had, was this PP-D-###### type of quasi Dispte/Chargeback type of case. Supposedly it cannot be escalated higher.  Basically it looks like a "dispute" in my case resolution manger but it acts like a chargeback and magically the 10 day rule thing just doesn't apply. #becausePaypal I guess. 
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

With more details the issues finally falls into place.  It's important to provide dertails first to get to a good explanation.

Purchases with PayPal Credit are treated the same a purchases with a credit card.  PayPal Credit is an independent part of the PayPal business and disputes are handled like credit cards rather than as disputes with actual PayPal balance funding.

With a credit card or PayPal Credit the buyer files the dispute with PayPal Credit rather than with PayPal.  This means that PayPal must abide by the decision made by PayPal Credit--just like PayPal would abide by a charge back by a credit card company.  Credit card chargebacks generally will not requre return; this is the same as for PayPal Credit.

Here's where seller protection is comes into play and it is important really understand PayPal seller proetection.  It is very strong a claim against non-delivery when there really was delivery.  In those cases, PayPal would refund the seller when a credit card buyer gets an unfair refund; PayPal reimburses the seller.

In the case of "not as descirbed", seller protection is weak for a PayPal-funded purchase.  For a credit card/PayPal Credit chargeback there is no seller protection

This a reason why it is so important for a seller to negotiate and resove buyer issues BEFORE a dispute is opened.  It's about how a seller operates the business.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if Paypal credit acts like a credit card,then up to now,it is still buyer and seller trying to work things out-

seller offers return and refund ,and expect buyer to return in 10 days,but on 11th day,no tracking upload>

so when does seller get to escalate to get Paypal or Paypal credit involved?

Paypal really sucks,I dont know if Ebay is ready to ditch them or they just dream up all these stupid products ,their computer system is out of wack,so many glitches,like the Paypal business debit card is not working when you have oodles in your account or it wont use your bank backup,or all of a sudden we US BUYERS and sellers are conducting business in Braziian real??

Anyone can ask for a Paypal here cardreader and when you merrily hook it up to your phone,it wont back,as your credit is deemed not good enough.

Then someone finally got approved Paypal line of credit then told he is not good enough.

Then lets not forget Paypal PAy after delivery,by the time you placed the order,PAD button disappears and the seller is so annoyed you cant make payment?

MAY BE someone sabotage Paypal because their founder sided with Trump,who knows?

Login to Me Too

capybara
Contributor
Contributor
  • 1 in 5 people in the US (18.2 percent of the total adult population in the United States) is suffering from mental illness.
  • 1 in 11 people are shoplifters in the US (27 million)

No matter what the seller does, you will eventually have some crossover of these 2 groups, of that cross over there is an unavoidable % that will try to commit fraud against the seller, to deny this and just default to assume the seller is "operating wrong" just denial of facts, at least in this case it is.

We sold the customer exactly what was described, this is not the first one we've sold.  The buyer didn't read what he was buying or he is one of the two cases above.  PayPal presented the case as a "Dispute" so we chose to have it returned, it was only though the customer that we discovered it was PP credit and finally the agent somewhat semi-admitting to it after we mentioned it.  With PP Credit offering credit issuing credit to people who are not responsible and unfortunately Paypal insists that sellers have no way to reject or filter those customers.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Are you saying Paypal credit is offering credit to the scums,the lowest least credit worthy rung of deplorable,despicable human beings,mentally ill,achieving instant gratification via shoplifting online and on land!

Probably suffer from self inflicted dementia,bi polar disporder,depression,eating disorder,binge drinking,engage in bizarre **bleep** acts and worship devils and demons.

Possibly converge at midnight under an oak tree when the moon is full and howl like nobody's business !

Hungry for certain fluid and suck at first bite !

Some of them are lucky enough to have in their possession MC,VISA,DISCOVER and God forbid AMEX PLATINUM CARD with membership to Trump TIA LARGO ,spelled wrong as I am not a  member !

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If disputed through resolution center, Purchase Protection rules apply.

If disputed directly through PayPal Credit, then Pruchase Protection rules no longer apply aka chargeback.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-dispute-a-PayPal-Credit-purchase-FAQ2834

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Golden rules:

1) never sell anything by using PayPal which you cannot afford to donate

2) PayPal is only good for buying

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@William9 wrote:

Golden rules:

1) never sell anything by using PayPal which you cannot afford to donate

2) PayPal is only good for buying

thats just like Ebay,some famous last words-

dont sell anything you cant afford to lose

shipping to Russia is the same as throwing the package in the trash can,you achieve the same result.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.