Check reputation of seller

Marie999
New Community Member

How can I check a seller's reputation?  If he has used Pay Pal before and has good customer service?  I am a bit suspicious about this person.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if he is sending payment via Paypal,it will tell you if he is a verified member ,which means he has verified a bank account linked to his Paypal account.

if you want more,then certain venue like Ebay ,he will haev a feedback file,but mind you,seller cannot neg the buyer,so if it is his buying account ,he has 100% feedback.

I see you are asking a seller,not a buyer.

then read his feedback on Ebay

you can also call him. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have questions about a seller then the logical action would be to contact the seller.  If from a web site you might have to use the web site message.  Then ask for the seller business email address AND physical address.  Next, make a phone call to the business.  You need to do your own research; relying on public reputations is not enough as they are often inflated values.

PayPal doesn't do this research for you and PayPal doesn't protect you when you fail to do your own research and make bad buyer judgement decisions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.