Cheating! Buyer return to fake address

Iamhonest
New Community Member

The buyer is very low, cheap and fraudulent.

He filed claim at paypal and was required to return the printer back to get money. However, his return was showing "Unable to deliver item, problem with address" and went back to the buyer. Later buyer called paypal to steal all the money back.

My address has no problem at all. I have been here for more than 10 years. All my documents including credit card statement, bank statements, driver license, W-2 form are at my current address. And the USPS carrier in my area knows me. If he sees the package with my name, no matter what the address is, he could deliver to me.  

Obviously the buyer sent a letter with tracking number and a fake address in my city.

Paypal said the buyer has returned to me although the tracking showed that it went back. Paypal refunded all the money to buyer. What a cheating story!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Iamhonest, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

We are sorry to hear of your experience regarding this claim. You do have the option to appeal the claim decision.

Here’s how to appeal the decision:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
  3. Find the claim in ‘Resolution Center Cases.’
  4. Click View under ‘Action,’ then select Appeal.

You have 10 days from the date this case was decided to appeal it.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Furrybetch
Did his name happen to be Andy? I am currently dealing with a customer who seems to be trying to do the same to me. Item is currently being sent back to him because the address he apparently gave USPS does not exist in my city. Have had issues with this customer from the very start.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.