Charges of $12.97 on November 18 and December 18.

A1-Nanny
Contributor
Contributor

Received credit card statement with a charge of $12.97 on November 18 and December 18.  Items that I have purchased were free shipping.  What are these charges?  Thank you for your assistence.

A1-nanny

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @A1-Nanny,

It can be concerning to see transactions that you don't recognize on your credit card statement. I'm happy to run through the possibilities and next steps for you.

Do the transactions appear in your PayPal account activity? If they do not, then it sounds as if your card was used to make purchases not through your account. Please call PayPal by phone to discuss the activity with a representative. They can take a look using the card number to search to see if a guest payment was made, and assist with next steps. To find the number to call, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, then Contact Customer Service, then Call us.

If the charges do appear in your PayPal account activity, check also to see if there's a subscription. Since the charges were made each month at the same time, that is the most likely probability. To check for subscriptions or pre-approved payments, follow these steps. If you recognize the subscription from viewing it there, great! You can leave it alone to continue with it, or cancel it from that page if you want to discontinue it. If you did set up the subscription but there is some reason why it should not have charged again, such as a past cancellation, you can open a billing dispute.

If the activity is not a subscription that you set up, or appears otherwise unauthorized, please report the activity through the Resolution Center as unauthorized. The steps of that process will open an investigation and will also assist with re-securing your account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.