Charged for FedEx Delivery...Mailed EMS and other issues

msdizzydolores
Contributor
Contributor

This is kind of long and this is my first post, so I'll try and keep it short, and to the point.

Without mentioning the site (unless I'm asked SPECIFICALLY), I ordered $200 worth of RARE KPop DVD's that no one else carries.

I requested Expedited Shipping (Courier Shipping - DHL, FedEx, TNT) at an additional cost of almost $75 which included THEIR fee of charging $12 for using Paypal as a payment - GO FIGURE.

So my total comes to over $300 for the merchandise and the shipping and PP fees.  Payment was immediate from my PP account on 9/26/16.

I checked the site daily just to make sure the DVD's were not found, and on 10/1/16 I sent my first message asking that if the items are found, if the merchandise could be mailed to my work address because it would be delivered by FedEx or DHL and it could be signed for at my work address through our mail department where I get all my Int'l shipments sent.

I received a reply 10/3/16 from the owner, Yes they would mail to my work address and it was noted.

I think it was that same day 10/1/16 it magically appeared that my items were IN STOCK.

So on 10/6/16 I sent a message asking when the items would be shipped.  NO REPLY.

Sent another message 10/13/16.  NO REPLY.

Sent a private email from my email account to the owners PP email.  NO REPLY.

Sent a message through PP Resolution Center on 10/14/16.  NO REPLY

Sent another message through the owners website.  NO REPLY

Sent a message through the Resolution Center at PP asking for tracking information.  He replied FINALLY.  Provided an EMS tracking # after I asked him for a FedEx Tracking #.

Sent another message today asking why is he providing me an EMS tracking # when I paid for FedEx service.  No reply YET.

I also noticed my new Invoice on his site is not the same as the original I downloaded from when I first ordered (I need to look at it again tonight!)

I'm tired of this case and it's been almost a month.  Should I escalate this to PP for resolution?  I paid for FedEx service and he sent it regular Korean Registered Mail (EMS) and it STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED and its 10/19/16.

Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@msdizzydolores

You only have 20 days to escalate a dispute to a claim or it times out and closes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

msdizzydolores
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlasa Is that working (including weekends) or business days?
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

days,include sunday,saturday,holiday.

if the case closes after he delivered the item,you should be able to open a case of item not as decribed if it is not what you expect.

Sounds like this is a  rare item and he has a hard time finding it.

as to shipping FED EXP or EMS,fed exp may be too expensive from Korea .

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

She paid Sept 26.

open a case on October 14,today is October 19.

Escalate to get PAYPAL involved,but he does have a tracking EMS ,so it would arrive soon.

Paypal will give him time to upload tracking .

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You paid him $63 for shipping Fed Exp,Dhl?

If this is from USA to Korea, $63 is not enough,the cheapest DHL package to Korea would be around $100,unless you join an organisation and get a membership discount

Login to Me Too

msdizzydolores
Contributor
Contributor
From Korea to the US. I order from Korea and China all the time, and this is actually the most expensive seller shipping fee I've ever had. I will see if he responded to my question about why he's shipped EMS when I paid for FedEx. If he doesn't respond or I don't like the answer I will escalate to PayPal. This is ridiculous *fuming*
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I belonged to an organisation which gives me hefty discount shipping DHL/

I typed in USA to South Korea for a DHL small box,weighing 1 lb and it costs me 47 dollars (thats after a 40% discount).

But I dont know how much is from S Korea to USA?

Merchants are not supposed to make the customers pay for PAYPAL or credit card fee,if he has the PAYPAL logo on his site,then report him  .

It sounds like he does not have the items and what you paid covered shipping from the vendor to him and then him to you.

Login to Me Too

msdizzydolores
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you all for your help and responses.

I escalated it to PayPal and he has until 10/30 to respond.

My package arrived at JFK airport 10/19 after almost a month of waiting for it. *sighs*

This is beyond frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.