Chargebacks

marcdoodoo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm selling my virtual goods ( aka CS:GO skins ) to a website. Is there a way to make sure that their payment which I'm pretty sure is sent as Goods and Services do not get refunded as they require me to 'go first'? I don't really want to risk losing 150$

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Payment first, always.  Goods and Service payments always get charged PayPal fee to receive.  And besides, you should know that there is no seller protection for virtual goods so selling them are high risk for chargebacks and reversals if not PayPal disputes because you won't be able to provide delivery confirmation to PayPal to be eligible for reimbursement.  Sell at your own risk.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WhatNoWebsite
Contributor
Contributor

We recently had a chargeback for a delivered website and are disputing it now.

My only suggestion, even though it did not work for us through PayPal but will be accepted by the courts is...

• Proovide a detailed quotation

• Invoice correctly

We're going to have to persue this through the courts I guess as PayPal are simply no use for virtual goods.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IF it is worth pursuing in small claims court.

read state requirements for filing small claims court,and is the buyer in the same state as you?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@WhatNoWebsite wrote:

We recently had a chargeback for a delivered website and are disputing it now.

My only suggestion, even though it did not work for us through PayPal but will be accepted by the courts is...

• Proovide a detailed quotation

• Invoice correctly

We're going to have to persue this through the courts I guess as PayPal are simply no use for virtual goods.

Paypal wlll review dispute of services provided on a case by case basis.

if you have delivered a website,is that site up and running,you could win if you provide proof it is up and running and you did the work,

it could take awhile to get an expert to review your case,but save you money of going to court

Login to Me Too

WhatNoWebsite
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Yes, the website is still up and running and even though we have provided the website, tracking information and all the associated documentation PayPal have refunded the client.

It's a fraudulent claim and PayPal seem to not care about fraud.

Meanwhile we have to leave the website up JUST IN CASE PayPal decide to actually look.

https://www.santamariaestateagents.com/

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have no tracking .

next time,follow up with hard copy of your work ,$2.61 for USPS first class with tracking

Login to Me Too

WhatNoWebsite
Contributor
Contributor

We do though and we even provided tracking to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.