Chargeback of 3000 usd

ThomasHarden1
New Community Member
A run a online service ,and host a game server where players can buy items. One player bought 2.2 thousand dollars worth of items over the course of a month and a half. One day after I went online and publicly said I didn't do anything to the people who charge back, he charged back 2.2k. With chargeback fees that's 3000. I thought this was my lucky day,and bought myself a new tv. Now I only have 1.5 grand left,and that's all the money I have. And I owe 1.5 grand aswell. This player scammed me,and kept ingame items. I don't know what to do.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

iNaist
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to say this but it's your own fault, paypal has like 0 care for those who sell virtual items. Why not just ban him ?

Login to Me Too

Thomasharden
Contributor
Contributor
I have now... but how did 2.2k go to 3k... that is all the money I have earned in the past 4 monthes(I don't have it anymore). This is messed up
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Charegback fee per chargeback is $20 in USA,so if he bought 2200 worth of goods in a month,he must have made multiple purchases.

there is no seller protection for digital goods,so Paypal will ask you to come up with the difference.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no seller protection for virtual items; you were selling at your own risk of loss.

As a business you failed to keep reserves for potential refunds.  You'll now need to quickly find a way to pay your PayPal debt before it gets sold to a debt collector.  Your PayPal account will be limited until your take care of your PayPal account debt.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.