Charge Back

BeemerBits
New Community Member

Sold item, tracking shows item was received, customer emailed and told me he no longer needed the item. I do not accept returns (clearly stated on my web site) Customer then claim item was not as described. Now the customer get to keep the item and he gets his money back. I did everything asked of me via Paypal with the dispute of the charge back and submitted the information showing customer got what he ordered. Is there no recourse when dealing with dishonest people?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Credit card chargeback/PayPal dispute terms trump your store policy because the buyer did not deal with the problem directly with your store under your policy but unfortunately your policy is no returns.  So buyer finds another way.  They said they no longer needed it so better to accept it back on their dime to sell another day.  Now you have to pay an extra $20 bucks chargeback fee for the privilege.  There is no such thing as no returns these days unless you receive cash in hand and selling at a flea market.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pegpow12
I had the same thing happen to me with a big ticket item. eBay sided with me. They told me not to worry. Disputed with PayPal. PayPal said I'm responsible to get item back. I have a large chargeback and never received my item back. Unbelievable.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.