Cant get a refund

havenlad
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a monitor from somebody who lives a few minutes from my route to work.  It was advertised as HDMI+ cable.  Paid.  Then went to his house - not HDM and no cable.  I took it home on the basis of him paying for the DVI-->HDMI adaptor.  I bought one, didnt work..bought a better one, still not working.  The monitor basically doesnt work.  He has excellent feedback but I dont understand why he lied about the cable and the technology.  He refused the refund without me handing it back.  I said refund first.  It went to Ebay and Paypalk who said I had to pay for tracking - thats half the refund gone so IO said no.  he now refused to communicate with me and Paypal are not helping...they have referred it to my bank (only half of the funds came from there) - he reckons paypal have got the money.  Where can I turn?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Because you picked up the item in person, unfortunately it seems you're ineligible for Buyer Protection.   (Had you paid with a credit card, your card issuer could have probably helped.)

Login to Me Too

havenlad
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

That seems to be for "Not received"

It was part Paypal, part card...item not as described

So yes I am protected.

My annoyance is that the seller tells me Paypal have taken his money back and have sent the claim to the card issuer.

They should send the money back to the card issuer and the rest back to me

They are now not allowing me to open another claim

They dont seem to have an email

So I have a broken monitor with no HDMI tachnoolgy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.