Cant file dispute?

56mulberry
New Community Member

TRying to file a dispute in Resolution Center... only option I'm given is "unauthorized activity" ... problem is I never recieved the item...that option is not avail to choose.  tried calling 1-888 number---went through whole process and was told by recording "you cannot file a dispute for this item,,,"   Whats going on? cant get any info anywhere... anybody help out?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @56mulberry,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received the item that you paid for. 

Was the transaction a goods and services transaction, or was it a friends and family transaction? If it was sent as a goods and services payment, then the option to dispute for Item Not Received should be available. If the transaction was sent as a friends and family payment, there is no option to dispute for that reason. Friends and family payments are intended to be for a gift without an expectation of anything of value in return, and there is no purchase protection available for those transactions. 

If you look at the transaction details in your account's activity, you should see the words "purchase details" if the transaction was sent as a goods and services payment.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.