Cancelled payment without notice after item has already been shipped out through ebay.

av934
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal community,

So I sold a pair of boots on ebay for $70. Ebay notified me that the buyer had paid. I shipped them out, no problem. As I'm going over my past ebay invoices a few months later, I noticed the final value fee for the boots had been recredited back to my account. These boots were never returned to me. I then checked my paypal account where I discovered the echeck payment was cancelled! I look over my emails from that same time searching for any type of notice of this cancelled payment...but I cannot find anything from neither Paypal or ebay. I don't understand how we are notified once a buyer has paid, but not when a buyer has cancelled. Is there any solution to this? It doesn't feel very fair to me, it just feels like a complete scam! I tried contacting the buyer, but of course no response. Is there anything more I can do? 

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

echeck takes several days to clear,Ebay should tell u not to ship until cleared.

some emails are just lost,due to technical glitch .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.