Can you dispute a friends and family payment?

jnguyen2cee
New Community Member

If you send a payment thru Friends and Family, can you file a dispute or claim?

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

Silrak
New Community Member

RE: reporting fraud. In Australia you can report online fraud to ACORN not that it's much help. They will unlikely notify you, or retrieve your money for insignificant cases. Might be similar other options internationally.

Login to Me Too

yoyowordup
New Community Member

Maybe you shouldn't have scammed paypal by trying to avoid fees and checking friends/family.  If they aren't your friends/family, don't check that box 

Login to Me Too

memyselfandiiii
Contributor
Contributor

I COMPLETELY AGREE. PAYPAL WORKS IN SUCH A BAD WAY FOR THE BUYER THAT IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! Elon you might me great but this part of you just really sucks 

Login to Me Too

Cbande75
PayPal doesn’t care about scams going on with their payment service. I suggest not using their service if you can avoid it!
Login to Me Too

GabrielNicolas9
Contributor
Contributor

Similarly, a scammer asked to use family and friends I looked at it to learn that it will speed the transaction but no warning on the fact that I was losing all protection thus. Misleading for consummers, hidind this kind of essential information to the users has a legal name. I lost $ 1900, all our saving for my sick, homeschooled son. Pathetic, but dramatic for him. Paypal is happy with their set up and could no care less. Long life to happily protected scammers! 

Login to Me Too

BobbieLong123
New Community Member

i need to refund a friends and family payment becuase the guy i sent it to scammed me!

Login to Me Too

abid1
Contributor
Contributor

But dont you think Paypal users are allowed to at least report the activties which might build a case around a user who breaks the law?!

It is not always about getting the money back, but also stopping that scumbag stealing other people's money, which you abviously dont care about, all you care about the buyer protiction agreement.

Login to Me Too

Sumeet
New Community Member
If I send a payment from my PayPal balance thru Friends and Family, and I get scammed, can I dispute it, and get the money back in my account?
Login to Me Too

takislellas

hello guys i have a problem i found that my account has send money to a guy with this email <removed> and the ammount is 25 euros and i want to charge back because it wasnt me maybe some1 gave the money to this email from my account is there any way to get my money back??

Login to Me Too

Killarsquirl
Contributor
Contributor
Being able to dispute charges should be allowed Suppose you had confirmation in writing that a family member would pay for tickets to a game and then they didn't actually buy them or refund the cost.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.