Can't see my transaction history - even though my buyer paid me.

lsund018
New Community Member

I'm new to PayPal and I'm a new eBay seller, but I'm having a few issues that I can't see to find the solution for. I got an email from PayPal stating that my buyer had paid me, but that the payment was on hold until I sent PayPal a copy of my shipping receipt from FedEx. They also mentioned that I was able to see my transaction history and that I could upload a tracking number through that transaction. I can't seem to find either of those things. My funds are on hold until god knows when, but I can't seem to find any sort of transaction detail (it shows that I have none), meaning that I can't upload a tracking number. I'm really frustrated with this system!!!! I have sent them the tracking information already but I am still seeing nothing. Even seeing the sale and having it marked as "pending" would make me feel better, seeing as I would know where they were.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lsund018,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't seen the payment, and I definitely want to help.

If there is no payment listed in your transaction activity, that email that you received may be a fake. Fraudsters send an email that is made to look like it's coming from PayPal, encouraging the shipment of the item even though no payment has been sent. If the email is a fake, there is no payment, and therefore no Seller Protection.

When a payment is received for goods and services, there would be a record of the payment in your activity, and it would state whether or not it is OK to ship the item. If the funds are pending due to the payment being made by eCheque, the instructions will be to wait for the payment to clear before shipping. If the payment is held for delayed funds availability, the instructions will be to ship the item and add tracking in the transaction details.

You can always send any email that seems suspicious to spoof@paypal.com for review. You should never ship an item until you've confirmed that the payment has been received and the instructions for the payment state that it is OK to ship.

If there is no transaction and the email is fake, I would recommend contacting the shipper to determine if there is any way to retrieve the package.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.