Can't Appeal a dispute?

ty903
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a couple of hats but received 1 less than intended after paying shipping for all of the hats.
I made a claim after the seller disagreed to just send a hat to me for free and required me to pay for shipping again.
The seller provided a pdf that shows that they shipped all the items when in reality they didnt ship all of them with paypal cancelling my dispute. I then tried to view and appeal this claim but there is no option to do so. If this is how paypal handles
claims for buyers I am really disappointed and dont think I will be purchasing anything with the account again.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal provides good buyer protection for non-delivery and that's about it.  You can read PayPal policies to figure out there is little protection for not as described as PayPal doesn't know which party is truthful.

Did the seller provide tracking to show delivery.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded payment with credit card, dispute with your card issuer.  The seller will be dinged an extra $20 for chargeback fee by PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your dispute should be item not as decribed-missing quantity.

If you and seller cant reach a settlement and get Paypal involved,it will ask you to return the item with tracking on your dime and once tracking shows delivered,then you wil be refunded in full.

Paypal has no way to tell who is telling the truth,so to be fair,you return the merchandise and ge your money back.

buying online from individual is not like buying fromWalmart,there is more risk,so buyer beware. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.