Can Payment be delayed

Gratters
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've received an item but came without the authentication papers - the seller is very apologetic and has sent me them now but they are different to what is in the pics - given its a high value item, can I delay payment until I get them checked out ? Payment after delivery was in place but obviously its been delivered but I would prefer the seller wasn't paid out until I check these documents - is this possible ?

Thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gratters,

I'm sorry to hear that you received an item that was different than what was described. I'll be happy to offer some clarification.

If you would like to open a dispute, you can follow these steps to dispute the payment any time within 180 days of the transaction. This ability is available whether the item was sent via Pay After Delivery or not, and whether or not the seller experienced delayed funds availability. Purchase protection applies the same no matter what the status of the funds is in the seller's account, or even if the funds are no longer in the seller's account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Gratters
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect thanks Olivia for finally making sense (as opposed to others I mean 🙂 - coincides with what Paypal have now told me on the phone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.