Can I take PayPal to small claims court in Pennsylvania

Domm1990
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased hair via PayPal via a vendor on Aug 21 2017. After many attempts to get the hair I received it in Oct 2017. The hair was badly tangled and disgusting. I contacted the vendor and they agreed to exchange the hair. I returned the hair and they confirmed that they got it. I also provided tracking and verified that the package was signed for. However, the vendor never sent me new hair. They stopped communicating with me and ignored my calls and emails. I put in a Dispute with PayPal and PayPal denied my Dispute without asking me for proof. They spoke to the vendor and never contacted me to tell me that my Dispute was denied. After appeal the same thing. I did provide PayPal with proof; emails, texts and a receipt of tracking. PayPal responsed by saying that they could not take my proof because the emails were forwarded. I then reached out to my bank. My bank was unable to recover the money because PayPal is a third party. PayPal denied my claim because of my bank’s involvement. All that has happened is unjust. I’m out of 240.00 dollars and I have no hair to show for my money. Bad or good. How could PayPal support robbery. Can I take them to court and if so can I sue for denial of rights?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is a California company,you have to file in CA where they are based.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MrsneakMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Just make sure a lawyer doesn't cost more than what you got "scammed" out of.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The proper way is to file item not as described with Paypal,Paypal will ask you to return the item with tracking,once delivered,you will get your original payment back.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is a California company,you have to file in CA where they are based.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.