Can I suspend my PayPal account temporarily?

PhredG
Contributor
Contributor

Can I suspend my Payal Account temporarily?

I just received a very sophisticated phishing billing invoice. It was for a charge by Microsoft which I didn't recognize. I opened the email to see the invoice. (First mistake). Did I say it was a sophisticated representation of a PayPal communication? It was. The links were not dumb links, the URLs were to a paypal.com domain but ... still looked a little fishy. I clicked on a link to go PayPal. (Second mistake.) It opened a form asking to confirm a new computer I was logging in from. Yes, this is true. It was a new computer. I started to fill in some fields but had second thoughts and never submitted the form. But I did open the page so who knows what might have been downloaded with the page. I am running Norton Pro so hopefully I have some protection. Still, I would like to suspend or put a limit on my PayPal account for a week or two. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can close your account,Paypal will k eep it in its record forever.

but once closed,you cannot re-open it.

you can block payments and ask them to be reviewed before you accept them,youc an also change your password .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.