Buyer wants Item shipped to different address than is on their paypal profile.

RyanSaints
Contributor
Contributor

Like the title says, Buyer wants me to ship to an address not listed as their paypal address. I dont want to lose my seller protection. Its a different address in the same city, she said her house had burned down and thats the reason. How should I resolve this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RyanSaints

Tell her to pay another way then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi RyanSaints,

That's really unfortunate about that person's house burning down but sending your item to another address would certainly void your Seller Protections. I would either refund the customer and ask them to pay via "Goods and Services" and input the correct address or send the package to the address originally provided by PayPal if the payment has already been processed and completed within your PayPal account.

As much as I dislike being a cynic, this could very possibly be a scam attempt.  

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

RyanSaints
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thank you for your reply. I spoke too the buyer and they agreed for me too ship it too the paypal verified address, I really hope she doesnt try too pull a "the item was never recieved" Scam that Ive heard of. I gave such a good price on the item also, wish people could just be decent. Ill be shipping threw fed ex with a tracking number and signature on delivery option to protect my self even though I get **bleep** out of another couple dollars, oh well.

Again thank you for the information

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

I'm glad the information has been helpful to you. Even if they state that they have not received the item, as long as we can reference the tracking, you should be good to go!

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.