Buyer wanted refund, and sent back fake version of shoes I sent to him...What should I do!?

JahvonJ
New Community Member

As the title says buyer says I shipped him the wrong shoe size (makes no sense) and I said ok send the item back and I will give full refund. As I expected the shoes are much lighter and constructed much more poorly then the shoes I actually sent to him. He lives in Korea as well. What are my next steps to make sure I am protected and dont lose out on 600 dollars!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Too late now to think about a $600 loss.  You should have thought about that before shipping very high risk shoes to another country.

If this was simply a refund arranged between buyer and seller outside of a PayPal dispute, then have no recourse through PayPal, but you also have no obligation to refund.  Just wait to see what buyer does for a dispute.

If the dispute was decided by PayPal then you file a dispute (phone call) through PayPal and challenge the decision.  Outcome is uncertain.

In future consider risk when you want to make a quick high profit on a risky item.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

depends on how he approches you on return,did he open a case?

did he return with tracking?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if he  loses a Paypal dispute ,he can go to his cc issuer ,if he has no tracking,he could just show the postal receipt.

we dont know how the credit card industry work in Korea.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.