Buyer protection is a fraud

profegarces
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a paypal customer for long over a decade, had resolved claims and issues easily through former customer resoluion center.

Now for the first time, paypal is asking me for a police report statement, which can't be provided in Chile and I guess other countires aswell, since the nature of the claim is beyond police local attributions and outside the country. Moreover, for local claims and incidents, local police do issue a very reduced statement form, no complying either with paypal requirements. 

This has been checked with police and local attorneys.

What happens now? paypal will loose its easy to pay and fully trusted method, at least for foreign customers as me. Now any single claim will require this impossible to obtain document, hence claim will be lost in favour of a fraudulent seller or else.

This is really a shame becuase the global trust conception which paypal had is now finshed since local laws can not comply to paypal requests.

A Shame, now i will probably have to return to regular credit card payment method and resolve anny issue with my bank, or use amazon instead of ebay, since their customer protection service is way easier and in accordance to global comunity.

Sorry paypal, terrible fail.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

profegarces
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I can't help as i don't know the answer.

I am not in your country.

You are not supposed to start more than one thread on the same subject as it is unfair for others waiting their "turn" for a reply in contribute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

profegarces
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.