Buyer fraud with digital services

wolters5000
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently gotten all payments disputed for a digital service I provided online for someone. His texts and emails agreed to paypal payments from his wife and now his wife disputed all 4 charges claiming "unauthorized" charges. I'm not sure if his phone number matches his wife's account but am I totally **bleep** with no seller protection here?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry.  PayPal does have limitations to it's seller protection and digital goods are not covered.  Sell digital goods at your own risk or sign up for PayPal digital goods payment processing and get micropayment pricing which means you can't sell digital goods that are priced expensively.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/digital-products

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe you need to email the wife to explain and include the husband's emails.  I had something similar happened years ago but luckily the husband contacted me about order and that payment was sent on emails that had their business logo on it so when I forwarded them to her, she relented and apologized, so did the husband. She just let the dispute time out.  It was for a tangible item though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.