Buyer didn't read description and disputes purchase

bbuyx3
New Community Member

A buyer purchased an ipad case that clearly stated in both the title and description which iPads it fits.  Buyer opened the item and then realized she purchased the wrong size. She contacted me to return the item, letting me know she didn't buy the correct size, and I declined her request because A) My listing said 'no returns' and B) It was no longer 'new and unopened' since she had opened it.  She files a claim with Paypal and won the claim.  I received the item today and have photographic proof it's been opened and the plastic protection is broken.  I don't understand how and why PayPal found in her favor when she had clearly purchased the wrong item.  How can I protect myself moving forward from fraudulant claims like this?  It's not right that I am out $80 because she didn't read the description before making her purchase.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

buyer has to return the item in same condition as sold,try appealing and uploading photos.

You stand a better chance if it were Ebay ,with Paypal,not so.

But try it anyway

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.