Buyer Protection ... why did I lose my item not received dispute?!

Jarrod2557
Contributor
Contributor
I always thought PayPal offered buyer protection if you used them at the checkout as payment. I purchased a jacket that I never received, opened a case giving all the facts, buyer never responded or provided tracking and PayPal decided in favor of the shady seller. I met all standards for buyer protection that are listed on the site. There's no appeal button on the resolution center page (mobile and desktop versions). I called customer service and the phone menus are setup so you will never get a person on the phone, only the computer saying everything I already know except how to fix this or get an actual person on the phone to explain this messed up outcome. PayPal has made me a victim twice now on the same transaction. This is a prime example of bait and switch on the buyer protection. I simply want my money or my item.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GlassPuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Your situation has zero to do with bait and switch. More than likely, you probably did not explain anything clearly during the dispute, using irrelevant terms like "bait and switch" and PayPal was like "huh? No bait and switch here. Case closed."
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

look at the case and see how Paypal decides in favor of the seller.

if seller can upload tracking showing it has been delivered to your addr or zipcode,he wins.

take a look.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.