Buyer PayPal scam

David_jack5
New Community Member
This is so wrong. I sold a iPhone in October. It was in excellent condition. Buyer got the phone loved it and left good feedback. About a month later he says the battery doesn’t last long and wants $20 to get a new battery. I wasn’t going too but thought I would be nice and sent him the $20 back. Then another month later he disputes it with EBay. eBay agreed with me and denied his claim. He then returns it to me anyway to an address where I lived 12 years ago! Then he files a dispute with PayPal and they hold $300. It said received but not by me and they gave him the $300. So now I’m out a phone and $320 and shipping! It gets worse paypal agreed with me but then said it was my problem to track down the phone. Even though they gave him the correct address and he didn’t ship it to me. I was on hold for over 2 1/2 hours waiting for a supervisor before I gave up. So then yesterday I drive 40 minutes to the house he shipped it too and they did have the package for me unopened. I open it up and charge the phone and it won’t even come on!!! He got the phone used it for 2 months then mailed it back to the wrong address after he broke it and PayPal took my $300!!! This is a scam and PayPal has not been of any help. I have sold hundreds of items with no problems. It is so wrong it has me so sick! For gods sake PayPal help fix this sham!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.