Buyer Fraud and PayPal Refuses to Assist or Return My Funds

ramanda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I sold an item worth $1,649 back in June, on Ebay. (Please don't lecture me about this; Ebay is irrelevant). The item was insured and had tracking; tracking indicated it was hand delivered to buyer. Buyer contacted me saying he didn't get the item. I spoke with 3 different reps at UPS all saying it was tracked to the address and SIGNED FOR. Concerned, I spoke with Ebay who said they had my back, don't do anything--he would need to file a claim with them. He didn't--he went around Ebay and filed with PayPal. PayPal asked me for info, including tracking nu, which I quickly supplied. A few days later they emailed me saying they had closed the case in his favor--just like that. When I called and disputed, the agent told me this buyer HAS A HISTORY OF FILING DISPUTES JUST LIKE THIS ONE--claiming he didn't recieve a high dollar item, then being refunded. She assured me my money would be back in my account in 3-4 days and his account would be "reviewed" and more than likely terminated. This was 6 weeks ago. I called again 4 weeks ago, wondering where is my money?? And they have NO RECORD OF THE CONVERSATION. NONE. I repeated my story to another rep who assured me I had done everything right and was protected, and they would email me in 3-4 days. I have recieved NOTHING--no email, no money back, nothing.  Since calling them is pointless, I have emailed them various times--nothing. They're freezing me out.  PayPal is supporting fraudulent activity. I pointed this out to the second rep and she swore up and done they do not uphold this type of activity, but their actions prove otherwise. Anyone have any ideas? Do I have any choice to to file a lawsuit? And yes I did ask the reps for their names and contact info. They gave me their first names only and a central email where I could "send documents."

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I would recommend you to get a picture of the confirmation of the delivery buyer signed for, from the shipping company. Then send them to ebay and paypal, call paypal with the reference of the email you sent. I am sure without proof, there's no way you can get your money back. This is a common case, i have seen people gets charged back on ebay every now and then.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you provide the tracking number to PayPal when you shipped the item?

Did you get an image file from USPS to show the signature of the recipient?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.