Buyer Abuse / Buyer Scam from Russia

lsc1208
Contributor
Contributor

In February, I sold an unopened item I bought for $1000 at around $500 on eBay. I do not use eBay for profit, only to get extra cash to pay for my child's medical expenses. The item sold through the eBay Global Shipping Program, which means I send it to a US address from a US address and they send it overseas. I do not know the buyer's address. I have not had any problems with this before in 16+ years of eBay.

Turned out the buyer received the item in Russia and claimed that the item was opened though it was unopened when I shipped it. How it got to be "opened" I don't know but when it leaves me I can't control customs or whatever from opening it on their side. They buyer did not claim it was damaged, just opened. I escalated the claim to PayPal and they told the buyer in Russia to return it to me in the USA.

They buyer did not provide a tracking number to me, but apparently did to PayPal who then gave it to me. On 3/09 it was said to be shipped but then it shows as "delivered" to the same Russian zip code it was shipped from. The buyer appears to have sent it to himself. So PayPal only sees "delivered" and refunded the buyer the full amount even though I have clearly not received the item returned to me, it hasn't even left Russia!!! I started an appeal with a supervisor but what else can I do? It's like PayPal is aiding this buyer in defrauding me because they won't even bother to look at the facts of the case.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You still have not told us what is the return address Paypal give to your Russian buyer?

Since you shipped via GSP,it could be your address or GSP address in ERLANGER,Kentucky.

But whther it is GSP or your address,it is not in Russia .

GSP complicates your case,if they indeed receive the return,what did they do with it?

Login to Me Too

lsc1208
Contributor
Contributor

The address was the orig address it was sent from, not eBay's Global program address.

The CSRs at PP are just lying again:

"Unfortunately, we had to deny this appeal because the information supplied has already been provided and is insufficient to appeal this resolution. Any further appeals for this reason will not receive a response.

Based on the tracking online, it shows that you refused the package."

I never refused the package, it wasn't even returned to me. They are just making up lies. You can see that from the evidence posted in this thread.

Is there any way to reach an American CSR?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

May be you should contact GSP customer service to see if they can help you.

Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
https://www.pochta.ru/tracking#EA447478488RU Can't PayPal really see that the parcel never left Russia?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.