Bought a Computer Program that no longer works & scam Seller won DISPUTE!!!!

KonkreteKhaos
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a virtual program. In this program is one key for one computer. I used it for about 3 weeks. Someone contacted the developers of the program and got the activation key reset. I contacted the seller and asked for a refund. We couldn't reach a conclusion so I filed a dispute with Paypal and somehow I lost.

I honestly do not understand how this is possible. Here is the proof I have:

-An email with the developers stating that the original owner asked for an Activation Key reset (you can only do this from the original email provided from the purchase)

-The buyer after the program was no longer working told me there was someone always trying to get the program back. He knowingly or purposely sold me the program knowing it was for temporary use

I contacted Paypal, they told me since it's an intangible item they don't offer warranty for the item after it's received. I understand for most cases it's hard to prove but I have PROOF from the developers stating that they reset the program and was contacted by the original owner meaning I no longer have access to this. What can I do about this? This ruined my day.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KonkreteKhaos

Paypal can't force a seller to refund you and they won't refund you themselves as you had zero buyer protection.

Intangible items are only covered for non receipt of item and not item received but not as described, so any dispute you opened for NAD you would lose.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KonkreteKhaos
Contributor
Contributor

I wish someone would have given me a head up on this. I even did research online and I found a post by Paypal stating they now offer buyer protection for digital items in 2015.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could have learned a lot by reading and understanding PayPal policies for buyer and seller proctection.  After that, ask a question here before you take any action.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.