Blocking orders from aparticular country that is not specified in the order

sistrozzie
Contributor
Contributor

I have ordered something "blindly" three times now and I am beginning to catch on that when the order is going to take over a month to arrive, it is probably coming on a slow boat from China.  And all three orders were defective when they arrived. I received refunds on the first two because they were through Pay Pal.  This third one is also but I don't want a refund.  I want to know if there is some way I can block orders coming from China.  This order is the salad cutting bowl.  The bowl is the size of two coffee mugs.  It did not make a salad for me althoughI followed the instructions.  I do not want to purchase anything from that country again.  Telling me it's an import really tells me nothing at all.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't block your account from sending to certain countries.  That is something you have to manage on your own.  Research the site's shipping, contact us page and return policies for clues before making a purchase.  I've done enough net window shopping to tell what are Chinese sites and what are not.  You can kinda tell based on the style and layout of the site design. Odd wording in their policy texts, not exactly Web 4.0 style where all the elements are more spaced out, like how the new PayPal site is as opposed to the classic site.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Another buyer defense is to ask the seller about location and shipping method.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't block your account from sending to certain countries.  That is something you have to manage on your own.  Research the site's shipping, contact us page and return policies for clues before making a purchase.  I've done enough net window shopping to tell what are Chinese sites and what are not.  You can kinda tell based on the style and layout of the site design. Odd wording in their policy texts, not exactly Web 4.0 style where all the elements are more spaced out, like how the new PayPal site is as opposed to the classic site.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Another buyer defense is to ask the seller about location and shipping method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.