Blacklisted phone purchased 4 months ago, How should I approach this to win the case

enochlev
Contributor
Contributor

I Have bought a phone 4 months ago on eBay and was blacklisted a few days ago, I right away opened a case on PayPal and has been escalated to a claim. After the seller responds I have a chance to respond back to him and PayPal. How should I approach this? The phone is still in the same condition as I bought it from him.

(blacklisted means he either marked it as stolen and insurance gave him a new phone and the old phone was disabled

or he had a monthly paid plan and he neglected to pay for it and sold it for full price to someone else)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

LEARN YOU LESSON,BUY IT FROM A REAL STORE,NOT SOME DINGALING SELLER.

Login to Me Too

enochlev
Contributor
Contributor

Non-sense, some people like college students don't have extra $100 to spend on a brand new phone. T-mobile needs to fix their used phone resale system so this situation should not be happening.

Good News, someone in PayPal knew about these scammers and decided the case on me. I returned the item in the same condition he sent it to me and since I wrote this reply its currently underway of being shipped.

To win this case you need to inform the PayPal decision maker about this type of scam, you only have one shot at trying to convince them, so make a good argument. Another thing, the scammers biggest argument is they sold it as is.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.