Beware the lack of effort PayPal puts forth to resolve disputes...

Mdkelly73
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered software from Acrok to rip DVDs I had previously purchased so they could be uploaded to by iTunes account.  The website boasted a 30 day money back guarantee.  The software and it's abilities weren't as advertised, so I contacted Acrok to get my money back.  After (4) unsuccessful attempts to reach customer service, I contacted PayPal to open a dispute and get my refund.  I supplied all the data to PayPal, including a screen shot from the website detailing the 30 day money back guarantee.  PayPal attempted to contact Acrok, the time period expired without a response and then PayPal simply closed my claim with no resolution.  Not only did they close my claim unsuccessfully, they failed to even inform me the claim was closed.  It wasn't until I logged in (2) days later I discovered the information.  In the past when I've used a credit card such as AMEX and others, they've done an amazing job of resolving disputes.  PayPal put no effort into the process and certainly didn't advocate on my behalf when the merchant clearly stated a money back guarantee.  If you truly want protection for your purchases, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you file a dispute for not as described or not delivered?

Login to Me Too

Mdkelly73
Contributor
Contributor

I did.  Provided all the details, even provided a screen shot of the 30 day money back guarantee.  Explained I tried on (4) separate occasions to reach the company for a refund.  They tried to contact they company, didn't receive a response and closed my dispute.  I didn't even know it was closed until I looked for an update on the website.  Apparently, it was closed 2 days earlier and they never even notified me.  I reached out to my credit card company, they immediately issued a hold on the transaction and they are in the process of resolving it.  Given the contrast in effort and customer service, I will just default to directly using my credit card as PayPal obviously doesn't have the customer's best interest at heart.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You did what?  File a dispute as non-delivered or not as described?

Pay does not care about screenshots of any seller policy; that would be like an implied warranty with the seller.  You need to take up that directly with seller.

PayPal only cares about it's own policies for buyer and seller protection.

PayPal best interest is with PayPal business; that is very clearly stated in the User Agreement.  PayPal will also follow it's own policies as stated in the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.