Beware of such scams. This person responded to rental ad on Gumtree

PCJ
New Community Member
I received this email. see below.
------------------------------------------
You have received a PayPal Payment of $2,600.00 SGD from XXXX  XXXXX.

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

Your Funds has now been processed and it is now available and ready to be released into your PayPal account, but we have detected in the transfer form filled by Sujira Thongjerm that the amount paid including the additional payment which is for her earnest fee and the Removal Agency fee. Therefore, Our Security Department and our User Protection Policy suggested that you are to wire the added amount $745.00 SGD to the Mover Agent and send us the proof (Scanned Copy of the transfer receipt) for Verification so that we can be sure that both you and XXXX XXXXx are very safe. The total sum of $2,600.00 SGD will be released into your Account immediately after we verify that the fee has truly been transferred. 

• In order to complete this  transaction and get the funds approved in your Account. We advice you to make the transfer o$745.00 SGD to the Agent via Western Union Money Transfer and get back to us with the scanned copy of the Western Union Transfer Receipt.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find the Transport Agent detail below where the funds would be sent Via Western Union Money Transfer:

Below Is The Pick Up Agents Information

Name:               ZXXXXX
Surname:         XX
Address:          JiXXXx XXXX XXX
Postal Code:    XXXXX
City:                  JXXXX
State:                JXXXX

Important Notice: This Payment has been successfully processed and approved which cannot be reversed to XXXX XXXX account for any reason we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and also verify the legitimacy level because of the amount of money involved..

Your PayPal Account has been credited with the total sum of $2,600.00 SGD from XXXX XXXX's account, but it will not be available in your PayPal Account until we receive the information of the money transfer from you.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PCJ

This scam has been ongoing for years and is all over this forum and the net, glad you were not caught out Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sujira
New Community Member

Tks for yr post.. I almost fall to the same scam from this person responding to rental ad !!

@PCJ wrote:
I received this email. see below.
------------------------------------------
You have received a PayPal Payment of $2,600.00 SGD from XXXX  XXXXX.

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

Your Funds has now been processed and it is now available and ready to be released into your PayPal account, but we have detected in the transfer form filled by Sujira Thongjerm that the amount paid including the additional payment which is for her earnest fee and the Removal Agency fee. Therefore, Our Security Department and our User Protection Policy suggested that you are to wire the added amount $745.00 SGD to the Mover Agent and send us the proof (Scanned Copy of the transfer receipt) for Verification so that we can be sure that both you and XXXX XXXXx are very safe. The total sum of $2,600.00 SGD will be released into your Account immediately after we verify that the fee has truly been transferred. 

• In order to complete this  transaction and get the funds approved in your Account. We advice you to make the transfer o$745.00 SGD to the Agent via Western Union Money Transfer and get back to us with the scanned copy of the Western Union Transfer Receipt.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find the Transport Agent detail below where the funds would be sent Via Western Union Money Transfer:

Below Is The Pick Up Agents Information

Name:               ZXXXXX
Surname:         XX
Address:          JiXXXx XXXX XXX
Postal Code:    XXXXX
City:                  JXXXX
State:                JXXXX

Important Notice: This Payment has been successfully processed and approved which cannot be reversed to XXXX XXXX account for any reason we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and also verify the legitimacy level because of the amount of money involved..

Your PayPal Account has been credited with the total sum of $2,600.00 SGD from XXXX XXXX's account, but it will not be available in your PayPal Account until we receive the information of the money transfer from you.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The text these scammers use is hilarious!  It is so NOT how PayPal does business.  Too many terms, policies and things for you to do in the email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.