Been scammed, can someone help me?

ignRyann
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there!

I met someone who was willing to sell me a PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds Steam CD key for the price of £10. I contacted him through Discord and he told me to send him the cash via Paypal and that he would send me the CD key straight after. I sent him the £10 as agreed upon however he blocked me straight after. I have a copy of the chat history as well as video recording of me doing the whole thing. I sent the £10 via PayPal through "Goods and Services". I have also opened a dispute and contacted the seller, who has not replied within 5 hours. I am planning to escalate this to a "Claim" as soon as I am able to ( 28/01/2018 ). 

Could someone please tell me if there is anything else I should do or anything that can help me along the process?

- Thanks for reading

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ignRyann
Contributor
Contributor

Also, what are the chances that I do not get my money back?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you file itemnot receievd,he would have to proof delivery via a commercial carrier ,uploade trcking number showing it has been delivered to your address in the payment notice.

did you enter a shipping address in your payment?

if so,he will lose as he has no tracking to prove

Login to Me Too

ignRyann
Contributor
Contributor
I did file it under “Item has not been received” and I think my shipping adress is on there as it lists my adress when I review the payment I made to him.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so it should work

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Don't delay with the escalation.  Do it before the seller has a chance to try to fix the problem.

Login to Me Too

ignRyann
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not delaying it, it’s just that I can’t. It says I need to give time for my order to arrive and if I don’t receive it by the 28th of January, I can then escalate this to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.