Anyone care to explain or help? PayPal claim madness.

Funky-monk
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, wanted to post my issue on here in hopes of finding a solution/explanation/someone in the same boat. My claim was closed supposedly because it violates the acceptable use policy (which after reading through it I don't see where it does and thus why it wouldn't be covered by buyer protection and paypal didn't care to explain what part it violates) Add to that paypal representatives on the phone say they reopened my claim and are pending the uploading of the copy of the police report I requested and which I've confirmed has been sent to me and which paypal asked me for my claim. Then my claim is closed that same night when customer service is closed. No contact from paypal throughout the whole day... Could someone please explain as PayPal haven't bothered why after using their services I've no refund, no item (first no contact nor tracking from seller who I wish I knew is a well known fraudster years at this and PayPal doesn't bother to even google search him, and after I file a claim a few days later a delivery man appears with what could be called a cheap thrown together version of what I was supposed to get so I continue on with my claim as SNAD and never signed for item). PayPal rewards this online scammer by letting him keep the money, closing my claim for no apparent reason and me never receiving what was advertised and what I ordered. What is going on here?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Funky-monk

As we have no idea what the transaction details were no one on here can pass an opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is the item and how did you file your claim?

INR or INAD?

IF $750 OR MORE,signature is required.

if you have used your credit card,file chargeback with your cc issuer.

Login to Me Too

Funky-monk
Contributor
Contributor
My apologies should have made it clearer, didn't want to write too long a post. Item was a basic gardening equipment kit(pots, a light, etc) I filed my claim as INR first and a few days later when a delivery arrived and I checked the package and saw it wasn't as advertised/wasn't what I bought I continued claim as INAD even though I hadn't signed for package/never received it and don't currently have it. Paid via paypal but money came from a debit not cc. It was more than 750 and how would I go about making a chargeback? And what's the deal with Paypal not helping?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one needs a story, just the facts.

You orders physical items at over $750.

Items did not arrive when expected.

You filed a dispute for item not received.

Items arrived while dispute was open.

Missing detail:  Was there a tracking number to show delivred?

Somehow you managed to change the dispute to item not received.  Details missing.

How did you manage to do that without a phone call.  

More missing.  What is the current status of the dispute?

Login to Me Too

Funky-monk
Contributor
Contributor
I am giving you the facts and how events transpired. I'm currently still dealing with this and PayPal, so it's ongoing and it's complicated to explain without giving personal details so will possibly update later. But basically seller never gave me any tracking# or anything besides me asking several times and only getting odd unprofessional answers from them. After I file claim days later nearly before deadline suddenly a delivery guy shows up but upon inspection of package it was SNAD and so I did not receive it or sign for it.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, what is the status of the dispute now?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Filed INR Dispute.

Shipment arrives and checked while delivery person still there, refused package.

Changed dispute to SNAD.

Maybe PayPal meant you did some restricted activity that violated some internal PayPal policy, like they find for the seller if you refused or not signed for package.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#restricted-activities

"In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you will not:

Breach this user agreement, the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, the Commercial Entity Agreements (if they apply to you), any other agreement between you and PayPal, or violate any PayPal policy."

You were better off just accepting delivery of the package and have something to return for refund.  But yes, the way you did it may have avoided return shipping.  However, if it was determined that tracking said delivery was refused and you filed a SNAD...there is some conflict there.  It can be argued by PayPal how did you know item was SNAD if you refused or didn't sign for the item.  I know you said you were able to inspect the goods and didn't sign for it but perhaps that is the area of concern for PayPal.  We'll see.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The part I was missing was that the buyer refused the package.    I read that the the item just wasn't delivered, but I think now that it was refused and OP just left out more details.

Why a police report?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.