Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

alguenth

TOMTOP is the biggest technology store SCAM on the Internet EVER.

I won't write my whole experience here, because is too long and similar to all the post I have read here.

I just want to tell the community that please AVOID trying to buy anything on this web. 

I bought a drone worth 1000€ and the unit I've got arrived DEFECTIVE. Ever since I contacted them they have been waisting my time, offering silly solutions like paying me 15 EUR as a Refund and I keep the defective piece of plastic and cables....

I just hope I read all this horrible reviews before...

Paypal should take the service out of this company, beacuse when you the Paypal logo, sometime we use to think that the company is reliable

Login to Me Too

musicteacher9
Contributor
Contributor

A very bad one—really bad.. They are scam. I've ordered a toothbrush for my nephew  for Christmas — it came two months later—but defective, it was missing a part... I wrote to them numerous times, they asked for video and photos—all were sent—to make this long unpleasant story short— in mid April—no refund, no functioning  toothbrush... But the worst part is— the site would let you post negative comments... So, learn fro our experience...  

Login to Me Too

Bob7019
New Community Member

Absolutely negative. Don't buy anything by Tomtop. They're not a serious company.

Login to Me Too

ayorkston
Contributor
Contributor

Returned an item within the return period, they first failed to confirm receiving (despite me having received confirmation from the courier), then after 8 emails saying they "were checking the return with another team" I opened dispute with Paypal.

Thankfully I had proof of everything and Paypal were able to close the case in my favour within a month. I do however believe Paypal should cut all ties with this awful merchant.

PLEASE AVOID

Login to Me Too

Aussie1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a phone from Tomtop on Ebay. The transaction was a trainwreck and was never completed. They lied about the phone having been shipped when it was not. When I asked them for proof of shipment, they could not do it. It was difficult and time-consuming to get a refund, even with Ebay customer support. I needed to get the refund to purchase elsewhere, and they delayed and played unethical games. Tomtop then emailed me to ask me to change my poor review to a positive review. Really?? I am not surprised at the warning that they give incentives for positive reviews. Do yourself a favor and avoid this business at all costs.

I have read glowing reviews of Tomtop which I know are obviously fake when other review websites are like the poor ones on here. I did not check them out better before my Ebay purchase because of the Ebay protections. I am not scared of some risk, but knowing what I know now, I advise buyers to not take the risk with Tomtop. Be warned.

Login to Me Too

flamhit

Yep this TopTomDeal mob are crooks and should be stopped at all cost. I have sent them emails to recover my payment for goods that never arrived but absolutely nothing back. Why are they still able to steal from people cant PayPal and other black list them?

Login to Me Too

catnamedog
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree more. If Paypal stopped these rogue dealers on "3 strikes & out" basis, that would help.

Also, if Ebay verified that email addresses for sellers were genuine - typical trick is to give buyers a local email address - in my case the UK ie X@X.co.uk when they are actually trading from (usually) China.

The number of rogue sellers doing this has increased massively.

Login to Me Too

bobby72

I brought 2 boxes of pokemon cards  ($17.50 each)and both the boxes/cards are fake. When asked for refund was offered $10 and keep the product. It is worth no more then a dollar and when i insisted on full refund, they are asking me to ship it back to china which will cost more then the product. But the cards were shipped from NJ and the return address on the package has NJ address. When i googled found similar incidents and they are scamming people with fake products. Paypal is not able to do anything other then supporting the merchant - stating their return policy says - customer bares the return shipping. I cannot imagine why Paypal cannot understand what a "fake" product means and should support the customer. Should have done my homework before ordering. My kids pocket money is gone now.

Login to Me Too

DSanda
Contributor
Contributor
Last year I was ripp off by Tomtop. PayPal return my money. Am not the first, so why PayPal still working with the Tomtop? Or how com they are still alive?? Last year their Facebook was full of negative comments and now they deleting it. Why do I care? Because I ordered over Ebay from the nick Losmee, and I've got mail from Tomtop with order. Oooooo nooooou. Why no one cared? Why no one close their business?
Login to Me Too

dgourley
New Community Member

Ordered something, paid and then get an email the next day saying that if I want the item I ordered and paid for, it would cost me an extra $5. They said that this was due to increased costs from supplier, but when I checked today, 2 days after ordering, it was still the same price that I had paid. Con artists. Also customer service is non existent. Basically they said, pay the extra or go away!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.