Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

va3mrj
Contributor
Contributor

PURCHASED LOL DOLLS AND GO COUNTERFEIT GOODS, THEY REFUSED REFUND, FILED A COMPLAINT WITH CANADIAN FRAUD AND REQUESTED A CHARGEBACK FROM CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

Login to Me Too

catnamedog
Contributor
Contributor

What surprises me is that companies like PayPal and Ebay should be able to sanction such organisations as TomTop for their continued bad customer service - or even their dishonesty!

But they don't take action against the increasing number of "dodgy" vendors, who are allowed to continue to scam people out of their money.

I see a bleak future for online retailing if this situation is allowed to continue.

Login to Me Too

lynnuv
Contributor
Contributor
Tomtop has become my worst purchasing experience ever. Lied to, deceived, ignored and blocked from purchasing any other items from them, all because they sent me a defective product and would not honour a replacement that I paid additional funds to have it resent to me. I have been sending emails to Tomtop for close to 2 years now and have a total of 11 assurances that the item has been shipped to me. I have offered additional funds for tracking and offered confirmation of shipping address but these have been ignored. Go through with the dispute process, dont settle with a resend unless your provided a tracking number. They will stall and create delays and with the additional time it takes to allow for shipping. You could be waiting for months. Best scenario is to request refund. Tomtop has an affiliate program as well. Allowing others to sell Tomtop products through eBay, Amazon, Alibaba even Facebook to name a few. Unfortunate for me EBay and PayPal was unable to help me. I developed a Tomtop buyer beware page on Facebook to give potential buyers an opportunity to see first hand how Tomtop treats individuals who have had a poor buying experience with this Company
Login to Me Too

TheBattman
Contributor
Contributor

Your problem is that you waited until after 120 (or 180) days to launche yoru dispute with paypal.  I NEVER give a retailer more than a week or so to fix a poblem - and certainly not mor ethan 30 days.  Even a credit card company will deny you a charge-back attempt after that much time.

Login to Me Too

Damian01
New Community Member

I bought a Drone with Tomtop for 191€.
This was delivered on time and looked new. But there were already batteries in the remote control. (Retoure?)
When I tested the Drone on the first day, several functions have not worked: The follow me, return to home and the failsafe mode.
The next day I wanted to test the drone again and then write Tomtop because of a change. But there the drone has flown away by itself. She no longer responded to the control, got up and flew away.
After my first mail to Tomtop I received as an answer: "I do not think it is smart for you to write to us."
I asked Tomtop for a new Drone without accessories and cardboard. But they called me stupid and said I lost the drone because of improper use. If I give them more money, they could send me a new one.
After long discusion, I would get a new one for $90. I have agreed and paid for it. Then I got the message from Tomtop again 60€ to pay. That was not agreed and I declined.
To date, I have received no replacement or refund. Only shameful reply to my questions. I will give up the total of 250€ for the drone with equipment. Because Tomtop makes me with his support only angry and disappointed. I am now waiting 18 days, have written over 15 emails and spoke with at least 3 people just at Tomtom but I was not helped. I will never order again with Tomtop and will also advise any of it.
I learned: Order from Tomtop = Your money is lost.

Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well, PayPal could have given you refund if you had shippdd the item back to them, but of course that would have been expensive, but still. Now that you apparently don't have the item you can't send it back. If what you said did happen, it is frustrating, but then again it might sound crazy to a seller if buyer asks new item because he lost the first one.
Login to Me Too

socrat
New Community Member

I have not received the goods !  tom top swindler
The goods were paid for, but I received neither parcels nor refunds.
Be careful with this store.
They promise a lot but do not do anything.
Want to risk your money?
you can be among those for which the store reimburses losses at discounts.

Login to Me Too

Svendulak
Contributor
Contributor

I have ordered an electric scooter from them for EUR 478, I have been waiting a week, the status has changed to on hold, whatever that means. Now I only hope that PayPal will be able to help me to get the money back. I realize what a fool I have been to buy at that site...

Login to Me Too

JoMoJHB
New Community Member

I order electronics from them over 2 months ago. The payment confirmation is the last I heard from them. Ipaid the extra shipping cost to ensure that I get a tracking number, but have not received a thing. I'm pretty sure I have been scammed! No replies to my emails to support or the online portal.

Login to Me Too

DL007
Contributor
Contributor

Waited almost 3 months for an order - nothing!  All emails are responded to by an automated reply.  Useless!  Luckily all I lost was about $25!  Lesson learned!  (BTW, I have successfully ordered from AliExpress.  Had to wait a long time for delivery, but it eventually arrived...)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.