Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Happy to help and share information like this when I find it, I will be doing more research myself before ordering from new websites. Funnily enough I've been doing some research. I googled RCmoments address, towards the top of the results was actually a website selling handheld lasers. Both these websites use the same address. Further down the address search list were a couple of random companies, an audit company who had same address, different office, but then i noticed a lawyer who uses the same office 12 as RC and laser, Ohhh dear lol. Look at how the address for these genuine companies have been slightly altered from the address of RCmoments & laser. Leontiou A, 167 HAWAII KAMELIA,1ST FLOOR, FLAT/OFFICE 12 3022,LIMASSOL, CYPRUS And this is the genuine address of the lawyer 167 Leontiou A’, HAWAII KAMELIA COURT, 1st Floor, Office 12, 3022 Limassol, Cyprus Worrying but thankfully I paid with Paypal and it isn't a gift or something I am in a hurry for.
Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

@Xaotewrote:
Happy to help and share information like this when I find it, I will be doing more research myself before ordering from new websites. Funnily enough I've been doing some research. I googled RCmoments address, towards the top of the results was actually a website selling handheld lasers. Both these websites use the same address. Further down the address search list were a couple of random companies, an audit company who had same address, different office, but then i noticed a lawyer who uses the same office 12 as RC and laser, Ohhh dear lol. Look at how the address for these genuine companies have been slightly altered from the address of RCmoments & laser. Leontiou A, 167 HAWAII KAMELIA,1ST FLOOR, FLAT/OFFICE 12 3022,LIMASSOL, CYPRUS And this is the genuine address of the lawyer 167 Leontiou A’, HAWAII KAMELIA COURT, 1st Floor, Office 12, 3022 Limassol, Cyprus Worrying but thankfully I paid with Paypal and it isn't a gift or something I am in a hurry for.

Wow! Hope you either get your item or your money back. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
I will let everyone know in a few weeks, when I bought item it clearly stated it was coming from China.
Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Well, surprisingly the drone arrived today. Ordered 17th feb, shipped from China on the 19th, arrived today, 26th. Impressive. The only gripe I have is the extra blades I ordered where put on top of the drone box then put into a shipping bag with no bubble wrap or protection of any kind, luckily there was no damage to the box or blades. Good job RCmoment\Tomtop.
Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

Glad things worked out for you.

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Mikey
Login to Me Too

Punk2
Contributor
Contributor

I am dealing with Tomtop right now. They are a horrible company!  They show original LOL confetti dolls on their website, the same pics that Walmart and Toys r us have on theirs. So we bought them, when we received them my girls were excited about opening them.  While they were opening them they realized that they were missing pieces, hiding spots were missed, the dolls were discolored and the lips were abnormal. They were faux LOL dolls!  There was also no confetti inside the ball. I emailed them with no response then went through pay-pal, Tomtop wants me to pay for shipping to send them back and then they will supposedly refund me.  I don't trust them to give me my refund and I am also not willing to pay the 16 to 20 dollar shipping to send it bask when I payed 13.98 for the item. My girls are the only ones that got hurt by this and I am a very angry mamma bear over this!  I hope no one will buy from Tomtop ever again. They are an evil, lying company. 

Login to Me Too

catnamedog
Contributor
Contributor

As my post says; Paypal came to my rescue. Raise an issue with them, and they will sort it out. Make your communications with Tomtop via Paypal, so that they can see that you are trying to get a fair crack of the whip.

Don't give up! I think firms like Tomtop rely on the fact that they are a long way away, and that you can't go and physically bang on their door. Keep going. I did, and I got a full refund.

Login to Me Too

nauseous
Contributor
Contributor

That will learn yeah.

Check out every company you buy from and make sure the reviews are true.

Anyone buying from tomtop deserve the pain.  *SLAP

@Punk2wrote:

I am dealing with Tomtop right now. They are a horrible company!  They show original LOL confetti dolls on their website, the same pics that Walmart and Toys r us have on theirs. So we bought them, when we received them my girls were excited about opening them.  While they were opening them they realized that they were missing pieces, hiding spots were missed, the dolls were discolored and the lips were abnormal. They were faux LOL dolls!  There was also no confetti inside the ball. I emailed them with no response then went through pay-pal, Tomtop wants me to pay for shipping to send them back and then they will supposedly refund me.  I don't trust them to give me my refund and I am also not willing to pay the 16 to 20 dollar shipping to send it bask when I payed 13.98 for the item. My girls are the only ones that got hurt by this and I am a very angry mamma bear over this!  I hope no one will buy from Tomtop ever again. They are an evil, lying company. 

@Punk2wrote:

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
That is really sad, I am gutted for your kids. Nauseous, that's just how your reply made me feel, I see where u get your name from. I can tell you are very sympathetic, or should that be pathetic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.