Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

JGLRAL
New Community Member

I cannot get TOMTOP to discontinue sending emails. The unsuscribe on all of their emails to me is disabled. I have had nothing but issues with TOMTOP. I would not recommend doing transcations with TOMTOP.

Login to Me Too

linkid
Contributor
Contributor

Do not buy from tomtop. They are the most untrustworthy company. I order an item and it never came. I sent them multiple emails and all they told me was to wait. The first one said one week, and the other said two weeks. They do not care about delivering the item to you. Once they get your money, they don't care about anything. So don't waste your time and money on them, it's not worth it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@linkid

Did you open a paypal dispute to get your money refunded?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justone1
Contributor
Contributor

dont waste your time and money on buying there...

it looks cheep but after you realise that they count on that you will not spend nerves and time on few buks,

that site doesnt has normal way for complaining,

operator there after couple of days yust asked me if it be ok if they reimburst me 5$ what was about 1/3 of value 🙂

avoid in great distance, it is shame that paypal is dealing with them

Login to Me Too

Starfixer
New Community Member
Stay away from TOM TOP. They shipped me the wrong item not what they sold me. Didn’t respond upon escalation. PayPal says ok ship it back to them within 8 days and have them sign for it and we will refund your money. Tom Top refuses to acknowledge they sold me an item on their site stating one thing and sent me another. Deceptive marketing. But since they know that it will cost you or I to ship it back to them a large amount. In my case 100 to 238 dollars depending on carrier. Items cost $138. TomTop plans on this as their shipping is subsidized by their govt. PayPal says that the shipping if activated is on us, well only $30 max amount. Not worth it don’t do business with them. I am extremely disappointed in PayPal when I really need them due to the seller being deceptive on the product they are not there. Should not be even working with TomTop.
Login to Me Too

benaj
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, can't add much more other than to say that TomTop is clearly a scam artist on the internet and it is disappointing that PayPal continues to allow them to use the PayPal system to steal their member's money.

Similar situation as all of you, TomTop sent me defective merchandise that was both broken and missing parts.  Many rounds of e-mails and chats later, wasting my time (or stalling hoping I would give up) asking me repetitive questions that I just answered, asking for more and more pictures, asking to upload and host video proving product is broken, asking me to disassemble the toy to document that it is broken on the inside (!), asking me to take it to a local toy repair shop for fix [when you take a step back, that request was pretty amusing though], repetitive counter offers for only partial refund, etc I had to escalate to PayPal under the assumption that PayPal will protect me from this horrible buyer experience.  TomTop had all along refused me a full refund nor to send me a replacement product unless I sent them a non-trivial amount of additional shipping money to send a new one from China (even though the product I bought was originally shipped from US).

Unfortunately PayPal ruled in MY favor that I deserved a full refund.  BUT I needed to ship this large heavy useless product back to an obscure address in China AT MY EXPENSE, to get my money back- even though the product was shipped to me from the US.  WOW, with the size and the weight of the box shipping internationally, I just lost money.

So, unfortunately PayPal ruled against me in this one and I would have lost LESS money if I had taken their last partial refund and not escalated to PayPal.

TomTop gets an honest "F" with the Better Business Bureau for a chronic pattern of this behavior.  Shame on all of us for not doing our homework first!

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/online-retailer/tomtop-group-limited-in...

I have now filed a complaint with the BBB and I encourage all you other victims of the scam to do the same. 

PLEASE PayPal if you are reading or monitoring this thread, PLEASE consider your practices of enabling this SCAM artist.  The only way we are going to stop this predatory behavior is if we do not allow this company to take our money in the first place.  Please try to be a part of the solution PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

Like others, I have also asked PayPal to consider dropping Tomtop and prevent them from using the site any longer. I think it's ridiculous that this hasn't happened a long time ago. This company obviously knows what they are doing. They're ripping all of us off. I urge anyone who has been through this, whether you received a refund or not, to go to https://www.ftc.gov/ and file a complaint. We need to get Tomtop banned from doing business in the states.

Login to Me Too

catnamedog
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a new cell phone on January 10th. I was told it was on pre-order, which I was OK with. I was told it was being dispatched on the 26th January.

I heard nothing more until, on the 26th I asked (via Paypal) if Tomtop had sent my phone. I got a reply (via my personal email address) saying that there had been some problems with the batch of phones, but if I wanted to wait another 15 working days, I could have my phone sent to me, or I could have a refund. I replied to them that I would like a refund. That was the last time I heard from them, so I raised a dispute with Paypal.

I then got an email from Tomtop to my Paypal account, telling me that they couldn't send my phone because I had created a dispute, and that if I cancelled the dispute, they would send my phone.

I sent 3 or 4 emails to them asking if they had refunded my money, and got no reply.

A couple of days ago, Paypal emailed me to say that Tomtop had refunded all my money. Good on Paypal, bad on Tomtop.

I will never use Tomtop again, and would not recommend anyone to use them either.

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
I saw a drone on Tomtop at a great price so doing company research led me here, reading so many negative reviews I decided to buy elsewhere. I ended up buying off a website called RCmoment. Minutes after purchasing PayPal emailed me with my receipt as always, guess who the payment went to? Yep, Tomtop. Thankfully it was only a £40 order, fingers crossed.
Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

@Xaotewrote:
I saw a drone on Tomtop at a great price so doing company research led me here, reading so many negative reviews I decided to buy elsewhere. I ended up buying off a website called RCmoment. Minutes after purchasing PayPal emailed me with my receipt as always, guess who the payment went to? Yep, Tomtop. Thankfully it was only a £40 order, fingers crossed.

Thanks for letting us know they apparently operate under different company names! I will check to find out the next time I order anything from a place I have never bought from before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.