Any chance I can win back a closed case in favour of seller?

nammhoang
Contributor
Contributor

I opend a case earlier and Paypal have decided to be in favour of seller.

I bought a pair of Converse Play x Comme des garcon. In the item description, seller stated "come with original box as well". I understanded this is an orignal box of the Converse shoes, I also confirmed with seller again through the mutual chat and she said yes. Then, I received the Converse shoes in Adidas Original box. I opened a dispute then because seller failed to do what she declared. However, Paypal investigated and made a decision within few hours and decided to let seller win the case without asking for further details. I guess this is a grammar and work trick here. They must have assumed that "origninal box" here is "Adidas original box", not what I interpreted as "original box of Converse" (again, I have proof of this interpretation).

Did anyone fall into the same situation before? Or did anyone get closed case reopened?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nammhoang

To win an 'item received but not as described' dispute the item has to be 'significantly other than described'.

I guess paypal didn't think the box that the item came in was that significant?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.