Am I protected

tp103
New Community Member

Is it true that if I pay with pay pal, I'm protected from fraud?

I am looking at renting a house in Los Angeles.  It's a great deal and it's making me wary.  I received the following instructions.    Any one else suspicious?

1.Rental agreement form:You will sign the document which outlines the house rules and send it back to me once it is signed.

2. Make your payment:To ensure a safe transaction, We'll  recommend you to pay via (PAYPAL or VENMO), also we have a Wells Fargo account for cash deposit or your other preferred payment method but we do not accept credit card payment.

3. Protect your rental booking:When you pay via PayPal or Venmo Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud and you can easily request for a refund if you want to cancel the contract.

4. Kindly get back to us now to proceed to making payment to lock down the Apt for your move in. Once we confirm PayPal or Venmo payment we'll send you our signed rental agreement form to fill out and send back.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does NOT protect you against fraud; you need to do your own investigation for that.

PayPal DOES provide protection of item not delivered when paying with goods/services (payment type of rentals).

PayPal will help a little when a shipped item is not significantly as described.

PayPal doest NOT protect you against bad buyer judgement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.