Am I hacked?

BarisPerim
Contributor
Contributor
Someone did a payment today of €52,48. It wasn't me so I think I got hacked. The Purchase is made from a website I use very often to buy paysafecard. But today I didn't buy anything and I never buy €50 cards. I think the hacker tries to be smart so I wont see it. How can I receive my money back and how did I got hacked? I already changed my password. Also made a case of it.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BarisPerim

If you have already opened a case for an unauthorised transaction then all i can suggest is to do an anti-virus scan on your computer as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BarisPerim
Contributor
Contributor
I use paypal only on my phone.
Login to Me Too

BarisPerim
Contributor
Contributor
So I just received an e-mail from Paypal saying the following: We've completed our review of your account and found that your account is secure and has not been accessed by an unauthorized third party. As a result, we've closed your unauthorized transaction claim.   If you're unhappy with your purchase, we encourage you to work with the seller to find a resolution. If you can't find a resolution, you may file a dispute in your Resolution Center. So what kind of help is this? What am I supposed to do now? How can I prove I did not made this purchase? How do I get my money back?  
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BarisPerim,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized transaction. If the transaction was made with a site that you have used in the past, is it possible that you established a pre-approved payment with that site? If there's a password on that site, it's possible that your password for that site was compromised. If that happened, you would want to change that password as soon as possible and consider canceling the pre-approval through PayPal.

You can check for pre-approved payments by following these steps. If there's a subscription listed there, you can use the listed options to cancel it.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

BarisPerim
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the late reply. I found out that my little brother made the purchase. The website where the purchase is made is blocked. Can you guys unblock that, because I still need to make purchases there.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BarisPerim

So no apology for your mistake and accusing Paypal of offering you no help, no thank you or kudos to both folks that responded to give you help.

Then you come back for more help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.