Account limited

niklas1981
Contributor
Contributor

Hello .today i received suspicious email telling me that my paypal account has been limited cause after checking my account they found activitys which violates the agreement with paypal .What can i do ?which activities are you talking about ?And something else the email sender is right ?I logged in my paypals account and everything seems right.This email went straight to junk emails ,so i think it is spoof .

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niklas1981

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2061/2

I hope you did not LOG IN using any links in that email?

If so then change your password ASAP.

Always log in normally to check your account and if it all looks ok then ignore the email or send it to spoof@paypal.com for confirmation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niklas1981

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2061/2

I hope you did not LOG IN using any links in that email?

If so then change your password ASAP.

Always log in normally to check your account and if it all looks ok then ignore the email or send it to spoof@paypal.com for confirmation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

niklas1981
Contributor
Contributor

I did not logged in neither put any personal info because i suspected that it went straght to junk emails .At 11-02-2016 got fished from other two emails which i have made new thread in paypals forum also contacted paypal for help .I forwarded this two emails and i was forced to delete credit card-inform the bank and change passwords .The problem is that someone continuous to sent me emails using  paypal account trying to get my credit card numbers .I will forward this too and hope this stops .

Login to Me Too

DebHW
New Community Member

I have also received an email today saying that my account is limited.  I did not follow the link as I was in my account earlier today and noticed nothing untoward.  Therefore, I logged in separately and found that there was nothing outstanding.  I can only think that this is not a genuine email from Paypal.

I will now change my password and look at the information for reporting the problem

Login to Me Too

yayat2016
New Community Member

Helo paypal, I am Yayat . I just want to ask you about my account. Would you like to unlock it and give it back to me beacuse that account is very important for me. I am not a crime. Believe it even I have done what you asked me as requirement. thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@yayat2016 wrote:

Helo paypal, I am Yayat Supriatna. I just want to ask you about my account. Would you like to unlock it and give it back to me beacuse that account is very important for me. I am not a crime. Believe it even I have done what you asked me as requirement. thanks in advance

This is a member to member forum,we are not Paypal.

Why is PAYPAL restricting your account?

Login to Me Too

rudegirl118
Contributor
Contributor

Your one of hundreds that are currently having their Paypal account limited for various reasons,I have.And all you receive is

automated letters that tell you nothing!!!! limited a/c can remain so for 180 days!!! I typed into google"can Paypal limit my a/c",and was shocked by the scale of this issue, its horrific.

Also try ;

**bleep**-Paypal.com which is very informative about the Company and steps which may help. There are other secure banks now that provide online banking,and also you could take out a small claims in English courts, and Facebook ,Paypal **bleep**.I intend to spread the word as I am totally appalled after buying and selling for 8+ years and holding 100% feedback. It does make you wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye!!!!!!!! Good luck ,hope this helps,you are not alone.

Login to Me Too

JSipper
Contributor
Contributor

Why did Zachary say?" upon further inspection they were allowing me to use paypal again i just had to sign an e affidavit " I signed it and im still getting negative responses! There has to be someone i can talk to in person. I feel as if ive been wronged,there are recordings on your end where i had to talk to paypal to get funds released from a cryptocurrency sale no one previously told me i couldnt sell them untill they canceled my account... This is not right! I did what i was asked and signed e affidavit agreeing not to sell cryptocurrency with paypal. This is what ive sent the people at the account limitations department since there is no way of actually speak to anyone about this. I was never stopped by any paypal employee over the phone when i was asking for help to get funds released from a cryptocurrency sale so that i could complete trasaction. They were very helpful and got the funds released so that i could complete cryptocurrency sale but now they say its against their policies! I would've never been selling them if i knew it was going to cripple my Ebay businesses! Im losing money every day since they cut me off 2/09/18. I sold cryptocurrency from 12/28/17 untill my last sale 2/6/18 all of my customers gave me positive feedback and were satisfied with trasaction. If paypal didnt want me selling cryptocurrency why didnt they say so before? I just want to get back to ebay and sell my merchandise, I agreed to terms and conditions so let me do my job!

Login to Me Too

i have sent all the info needed in and my account is still on limited i have money in my paypal and things i need to pay for on ebay and i dont want to start getting bad feedback please advise when my account will go back to normal 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@shaunwatts0068

This is a user forum.  We have no idea about the details of your problem.  You will need to phone PayPal customer service for help.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.