Account Limited for a totally bizarre reason!? Please advise

MenswearExchang
Contributor
Contributor

I have just received the following from PayPal: 

• 16 Nov 2016: A recent review of your account detected suspicious activity regarding the receipt or withdrawal of funds. While we investigate this matter, access to your account is limited.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-005-268-227-226.) 

This limitation cannot be appealed against.

I had a limitation placed on my account already, on the 7th requesting invoices for stock, some projections and tracking numbers for existing orders. I provided several invoices and a 3 page document answering every question that they had. 

After contacting Customer Service the day after I submitted the information they assured me it would only take me a few days to regain access to my account and as I am considered a "Top Customer" I will be treated as a priority. Which was fine by me, I understand PayPal need to carry certain checks in the interest of protecting their customers, it's just frustrating as I've consistently sold the same products over a number of years with no issues whatsoever. I get the odd case opened here and there but they are nearly always decided in my favour.

Anyway, today I then log in to see if my account has yet been restored and I am "greeted" with a fresh new limitation further restricting me due to "suspicious activity regarding the receipt and withdrawal of funds" - this is quite frankly ridiculous!! 

I run a legitimate business selling hoodies and other clothing items that I produce, I own the designs as they are made by myself, I provide tracking information for every transaction so there is ZERO risk there and PayPal clearly agree after seeing all my information for a second time and removing this limitation for a second time. 

So in the space of a day I've had one limitation removed and another imposed yet I have not used my PayPal account for any withdrawals today whatsoever and all withdrawals that have been made have been to MY BANK ACCOUNT so I refuse to see how this is suspicious!? 

It really makes no sense and now as a result PayPal are holding roughly £4,000  of my money and are now preventing me taking payment through my website at the busiest time of the year!! This is really scary and not only could seriously financially impact me but it could have a disastrous impact on my business and mine and my son's Christmas! I cannot afford to have my business stalled and £4,000 kept from me unjustly. 

I'm just hoping someone will have some advice on this situation because I've been reading through all of PayPal's policies and their "Acceptable Use Policy" and I have not broken any rules whatsoever!

It really disappoints me that they would treat a " Top Customer" this way, it was only on Sunday I was discussing with a PayPal rep the prospect of having an account manager with them to help me facilitate growth.  

I'm not worried about my own conduct as I know I am whiter than white, I'm just concerned because I've read so many horror stories online of PayPal limiting accounts for ridiculous reasons and not applying common sense etc - I'm just hoping PayPal have improved their service since all of these websites have been made? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's obviously about suspicious activity with your account.  Threre is no way anyone here could know anything about your account and activity to help look for the real problem, that is, unless you are willing to disclose real details about your account and specifics about recent activty.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.