Accidentally gave my password to a phishing site. What do I do?

wingkon
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved an email from service (at) paypal  saying that my account had been limited. I clicked on it and entered my password. I don't know what I was thinking. It seemed fishy, but I was dumb and I trusted it. What do I do now? I reported both the site and email to PayPal. Is my password in jeopardy? I changed the password for my PayPal and email account. I removed my bank from my PayPal account. What do I do now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you have changed your password to a strong one then you should be ok but just keep an eye on your account for a while.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you have changed your password to a strong one then you should be ok but just keep an eye on your account for a while.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wingkon
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I was suspicious, but I should've really looked at it better. I'll keep a watchful eye on my account.

Login to Me Too

dror17411
New Community Member

i suspect an email i have received asking me to verify my account. maybe conning

Login to Me Too

farbell
New Community Member

I got the same email today 3/18/15. It really did look legitimate but I went to my PP account (not through their link) to check. Always check on your own whether it is an email, text, phone call. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.