About PayPal Policy Updates

Jestor
Contributor
Contributor

the new currency conversion charges is this going effect when a currence is converted from another country when purchasing something on ebay, before there was no charge. So I was just wondering if that is going change. 

Then will there be a conversion charge if I recieve a payment in another currency from somewhere online like ebay or not from a bank. Because there is no charge currently. So I wanted to clarify on that.

I am trying to find out what will effect me and wether I should stay with Paypal or not as I'm not a business I use my account for my own personal use and online purchases through ebay and other sites that take Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

GalZohar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I did use credit card specifically to avoid having paypal conversions, but that does not seem to work.

My credit card does conversions properly with a known and agreed-upon rate which I am willing to pay.

However, paypal decided to do the conversion themselves and charge my credit card in local currency, without my consent and with no warning that I will get charged in local currency.

I should not have to care that ebay process the transaction through paypal. When I buy something in $, and the checkout form lists the price to be charged in $, I expect my credit card to be charged in $, and not have paypal sneakily convert to NIS and charge an inflated fee without notice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.