A scammer has my PayPal email and name. Is my security threatened?

SweetKetchup
New Community Member

I have accidentally given a scammer my PayPal email and my real name (stupid, I know). I immediately removed my card from my account and closed the account too (I made this account just to write this topic here). I accessed a link he gave me to login to PayPal. Am I in danger of losing money right now? I had no bank account attached, only a credit card. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The first thing to do would have been to change the password on your PayPal account, not close it.

The send thing you should have done was an emgency phone call to PayPal customer service.  You are delaying way too long.

Without access to your account now you have no idea what is happening.

You need to make a phone call to PayPal customer service urgently.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just having your Paypal email address and real name without your password ,he cannot access your paypal account.

But what has been going around internet is that someone will ask for your paypal email address and real name and make up some emails which looks like it comes from Paypal,it will have your paypal email addres and address you by your name,saying he has sent you 50,000 dollars,but you must first go to this link to pay freight of $500 before money is released to you,so do it now.

see PAYPAL will never address you as dear,or hello,always your real name,thats why they want your real name.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.