A paypal dispute is about to expire should I escalate to a claim

edwinmzx
Contributor
Contributor

I am a buyer who bought a phone some time ago. The seller in question is overseas. I opened a dispute and I sent the phone back 2 weeks ago due to a defect, the phone was still in perfect physical condition when sent back. The package is now marked as attempted delivery and buyer says package hasnt been delivered or attempted to be delivered. He says he will give me my money back on the day the dispute will expire. Is there any way to extend the dispute. The dispute "will automatically close on Sunday, August 13, 2017". The seller says he "will credit back the agreed amount no later than end of day Sunday, Aug 13".

Is there any way to extend the dispute or should I escalate the dispute?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

edwinmzx
Contributor
Contributor

Something tells me the seller wants to scam me and keep both the phone and money. I need some replies ASAP.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you escalate to a claim or not?

Login to Me Too

edwinmzx
Contributor
Contributor

I am sure I did. I have provided all the details and proof item was sent to the seller's address and that the item was attempted to be delivered multiple times. The status of the dispute still says "dispute". How long does it take to show up as a claim?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

has the case been escalated to get Paypal review?

if yes,did Paypal ask you to  return the item?

if no,do you have tracking showing it has attempted delivery,have you upload that traking to the case.

if Paypal fails to refund,file chargebck with your cc issuer,

your seller does not have to wait past expiratuon to refund,he should stop **bleep** around and pick up the package.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.