4 frauduluent charges from <removed> on 12/22/2017

lisab776
Contributor
Contributor

4 fraudulent charges have shown up on a debit card that is not linked to my paypal account.  all on 12/22/2017

$114.77  <removed> *Fddfjkl11 Ca <removed>

$114.77 <removed> *Fddfjkl11 Ca <removed>

$114.77 <removed> *Fddfjkl11 Ca <removed>

$120.66  *Asgdggbvdf<removed> Ca <removed>

how do i get these reversed? what is the email associated with these charges? possibly an old out of date email of mine? phone number? name? name of company order made through? is the paypal account in my name some how?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if the card is not linked to Paypal,WHY ASK here?

call the card issuer and check your security software

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lisab776, @Dnhall5, and @MJG333,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity on your cards! I'm happy to help!

Please contact PayPal by phone to investigate so that a representative can look for any accounts that have been made using the stolen card information, and get them shut down. You'll also want to contact the card issuer to report that the card information has been used without your authorization, so a new card can be issued. To contact PayPal by phone, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, the Contact Customer Service, then Call us. 

As @Whac-A-Mole suggested, you may want to run an antivirus scan on your computer and check to make sure that your wi-fi is secure. If you've typed your card information on a compromised computer or network, that may be how it was obtained by a fraudster. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lisab776
Contributor
Contributor

The charges are through paypal, they are on my debit card which is not on my PayPal account. I am presuming someone jacked my card info and used it on their own PayPal acct or a dummy PayPal account

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You mean someone linked your debit card to their Paypal account and start spending?

you need to talk to whoever issued your debit card and dispute these charges.

Login to Me Too

Dnhall5

I have the exact same number it took -10.00 from my card

Login to Me Too

MJG333
New Community Member

It did the same thing with me, I paid with my paypal yet it took it out of one of my credit cards. Check to see if its one of your credit cards linked with your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.