19726 De New castle SCAMMED

undisputed_1
Contributor
Contributor

i think i just got scammed with the address and details belowed i have shipped my two items to the same address before googling it and brought me here to read that this scam with same address has been going on far back and Ebay failed to stop it.. my i phone 7 128GB and chopard wrist watch was has been delivered to this address i need below Name­: <removed> Address 1: <removed> Address 2: <removed> City: New Castle State: DE ZIP: 19726

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@undisputed_1  Thank you for bringing your issue to PayPal's Community but one of the things they do not allow here is posting personal info on other members or people.  Now as for the suspected scam goes, perhaps some more detail would be appropriate on exactly why you think you might be scammed, its a little unclear.  I will say that New Sellers on eBay are targets for scammers especially when it comes to high value electronics like mobile phones, etc.  Can you explain what happened in the transaction so knowledgeable members here can respond?

Login to Me Too

undisputed_1
Contributor
Contributor
my item was sold and immediately i got contacted through another email to ship the item to 19726 DE Newcastle wish i did and tracking numbered confirmed i am new member and i have been texting through paypal to another person that made payment to my paypal but due to some reason payment still pending and he said he buy alot of parts and advertised phones and with post i stumble on here thats a red flag and his location is ca and the fishing email address was DE New castle
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@undisputed_1  Yes, this sounds like some kind of a two person scam.  Does this sound right:  Buyer 1 orders your phone and pays with an echeck which takes a few days to clear payment for you ... Buyer 1 obtains your contact info through the purchase and gives it to Buyer #2.  Buyer 2 emails you that the payment is complete and gives you the shipping address to send the item to.  So you ship BUT payment is still pending in your account from Buyer #1.  Once the item ships Buyer #1 can fail with their payment so you wind up with no money and the Buyers get your item fro free.  Does that sound like what happened?

For the future, you NEVER have to text or email Buyers for them to make a purchase.  You NEVER have to give out your personal info for them to Buy and you always use eBay Messaging to communicate so it is on file with eBay.  Any texts outside eBay don't count.

Login to Me Too

undisputed_1
Contributor
Contributor
@linc1975 exactly thats how its happen and all my communications/text is via ebay i never text outside the platform so everything is on file. i called ebay and they told me i should report the message to spoof wish i did not heard back regarding my item or if pending payment would be released to me.. what do you think is the next thing to do from my end?
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@undisputed_1  Unfortunately there may belittle you can do.  If you shipped an item without getting paid eBay will do little.  You "may" be able to do something with Seller Protection so you might try calling both eBay & PayPal ... but again, the scammers know how to work the system.  If you were not paid before you shipped, or if the payment in PayPal did not complete then you may have lost the $$ plus your items.

If the "pending payment" is simply because you are a new Seller then in about 3-5 days AFTER tracking shows the item is delivered your $$ should be released.  Just check your PayPal balance and see if the transaction is still there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.