cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wedding supplier scam

wedding supplier scam

I am getting married on 24.06.16.  I booked my Starlit dancefloor last year and paid a deposit of £100.  I used PayPal to make the payment as I thought this would protect me if anything went wrong.  Well it has, the company I booked with have vanished with mine and everyone elses money.  I am gutted as it's only 2 weeks til my wedding and now I have to try to find the money to get another one (if there are any available at such short notice). 

I contacted PayPal expecting that I would be refunded but they have come back and told they wouldn't do this as the payment was more than 45 days ago.  Of course it was, I am planning my wedding, I had to book well in advance to be sure of getting my date.

Has anyone else been through something similar and was the outcome any different for you?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

Re: wedding supplier scam

@wongchong

Not sure i understand you as you can file a dispute in the UK up to 180 days after you paid.

BUT you said you booked it last year so surely that is after 180 days??

I don't know why i put 45 days. My mistake anyway it was booked over a year ago as you need to do for a wedding so regardless it is more than paypals stated time. But thanks for pointing it out any other help you can give would be great
Volunteer Advisor

@wongchong

All i can suggest is that if you funded that paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.